Asian Chicken Lettuce Cups
Everyone loves these lettuce cups, very quick and easy to make, everything is cooked in one skillet. Such a complex, delicious flavor with just the right amount of crunch. You’ll make these over and over! I’ve also included a recipe for dipping sauce.
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of hoisin sauce (sold in the Asian section of most grocery stores)
- 2 Tbs of soy sauce
- 2 Tbs of rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs of brown sugar
- 1 Tbs of of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp of chili paste (also in the Asian section)
- 1 can of water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 green onions, white and pale green parts, chopped
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro for garnish
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Bibb lettuce leaves for the “cups”
- bean sprouts for garnish – optional
Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat, add in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, then add in the garlic, onion, hoisin, soy, vinegar, brown sugar, ginger and chili paste. Stir to combine and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the water chestnuts, green onions and the salt & pepper, stir well to combine. That’s it! Ready to eat!To Serve, place 2 lettuce cups on each plate, spoon on the chicken and top with the cilantro, chopped peanuts and bean sprouts if using. These are delicious as is but if you’d like to serve with a dipping sauce, here it is.
Dipping Sauce: Just stir together, 1/2 cup of soy sauce, 1/2 cup of rice wine vinegar, 1 Tbs of minced fresh ginger, 3-4 cloves of minced garlic, 2 tsp of sesame oil and 2 Tbs of honey.