Baked Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
The roasted red pepper sauce is the star! It is amazing on fish, I used cod in this recipe, but tilapia or catfish would be excellent as well. The fish is baked on a bed of veggies, once the sauce is made, this recipe takes minutes to make and is insanely good!
Roasted red pepper sauce:
- 1 – 16 oz jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 cups of sour cream
- 1/2 cup of mayo
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained
- 2 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
Veggies and Fish:
• 4 cod fillets
• 1 yellow squash, cut into matchbook sized pieces
• 2 carrots, cut into matchbook sized pieces
• 1/2 of a red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 fresh rosemary sprig, stripped
• 1 tsp of salt – divided use
• 1 tsp of black pepper, divided
Place all sauce ingredients in a food processor, pulse until very creamy.
Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet or a baking dish with olive oil and preheat the oven to 350°. Place the carrots, squash and onions in the bottom, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper and the rosemary. Lay the fish on top of the veggies, sprinkle with 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/2 tsp of pepper, then pour the pepper sauce over the top.Bake for 45 minutes. All done! Delicious with wild rice or mashed potatoes!
Note to cooks: Make sure to cut the veggies as thin as you can so they cook perfectly with the fish