Butternut Squash Sauce
Absolutely delish on any pasta!
Make 4 cups
• 2 1/2 butternut squashes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
• 1 Tbs of olive oil
• 1 Tbs of butter
• 1/3 cup of minced shallots
• 4 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 cup of chicken broth
• 1/3 cup of half & half or whole milk
• 1/3 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
• salt & pepper to taste
Place squash in a large saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil, simmer until squash is tender, about 20 minutes. Drain, you will have about 2 cups.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, add the olive oil and butter and cook the shallots and garlic until softened. Add squash and chicken broth and bring to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and stir in the milk, cheese and nutmeg. Stir about 5-10 minutes to desired consistency, season with salt & pepper.
You may use an immersion blender or a blender to make a smoother sauce or use just as is.