Cabin in the Woods Salad
A salad that you will make forever! Delicious with bacon, hearts of palm, artichokes and blue cheese! The dressing with pureed onion is superb! This is one of my favorite all time salads!
• 1/4 of a medium onion, chopped
• 3 Tbs of cider vinegar
• 2 tsp of spicy brown mustard
• 1 tsp of sugar
• 1/2 tsp of salt
• 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup of vegetable oil
• 1/2 lb of bacon cooked and crumbled to small pieces
• 1 bunch of romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
• 1/2 can of hearts of palm, drained and quartered
• 1/2 can of artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
• 4 oz of blue cheese, crumbled
In a food processor, puree the onion with the vinegar. Add the mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Gradually add in the oil in a thin steady stream, pulse until thick. Pour into a mason jar with a lid, if you have one so, you can shake it up again.Cook the bacon until crispy, then crumble. Mix lettuce, hearts of palm, artichokes and blue cheese in a large salad bowl.
Pour on the dressing, you won’t use it all.Toss well and sprinkle on the bacon. Delicious with warm crusty bread
Note to cooks: You will have dressing leftover, just refrigerate for another time.