Catfish Tacos with Avocado Salsa
Delicious! Beautiful broiled catfish fillets drizzled with garlic and lime juice, tucked in a warm tortilla with an avocado salsa that you will adore!
• 1/2 cup of chopped tomato
• 1/2 cup of chopped peeled avocado
• 5 Tbs of fresh lime juice, divided use
• 3 Tbs of chopped green onion
• 3 Tbs of chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 tsp of minced jalapenos, divided use
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1 lb of catfish fillets
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• salt and pepper for sprinkling on fish
• 4 – 6 inch corn or flour tortillas
• 2 cups of thinly sliced curly leaf lettuce
• 1/4 cup of crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 350°
Mix tomatoes, avocado, 2 Tbs lime juice, green onion, cilantro and 2 tsp of jalapenos in a small bowl. Season with salt & pepper and stir to combine.Place the fish on a baking sheet, mix the garlic, 3 Tbs of lime juice and 1 tsp of jalapeno, drizzle over the fish, reserving the rest. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and let sit for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil, enclosing completely. Place them in the oven to heat, about 15 minutes. Preheat the broiler, broil fish just until opaque in the center, about 7-8 minutes, turning once. Cut the fish into 1-inch pieces. To assemble, top each tortilla with 1/2 cup of lettuce, then fish pieces, drizzle with reserved lime juice mixture and spoon on the salsa, then sprinkle with feta cheese.
Enjoy!!! I know you will!