Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Flank steak is marinated in red wine, garlic, shallots and olive oil, grilled to perfection and topped with a killer herbaceous Chimichurri sauce. Flavor extraordinaire and so very easy to do!
- Red wine, Cabernet works well, enough to cover the meat, about 4 cups
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- fresh thyme or rosemary sprigs
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 of a medium sized shallot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup of fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Flank steak (between 1 1/2 – 2 lbs)
Combine all marinade ingredients, stir to combine. Place the steak in a shallow dish and pour over the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 3 – 4 hours or overnight.To make the Chimichurri sauce, combine the vinegar, salt, shallot, garlic and pepper in a mixing bowl and let mingle for 20 minutes, add in the cilantro, parsley, oregano and then the olive oil, stir to combine. Remove the flank steak from the marinade, pat dry and allow it to come to room temperature.
Prepare the grill, place the meat over the direct heat, cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook another 4-5 minutes. Grilling at night!Remove from the grill, tent with foil and let rest for 15 minutes. Slice the meat across the grain, place on a serving platter and spoon on the amazing Chimichurri sauce!