Italian Chopped Salad
Healthy delicious Italian salad! Packed full of goodness, artichokes, olives, onion, tomatoes, garbanzos, salami and provel cheese! And a fresh homemade dressing, this is how I make it.
Serves 4 or 2 really hungry people
• 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
• 1 tsp of sugar
• 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp of dried basil
• 1/4 tsp of oregano
• 1/4 tsp of Dijon mustard
• 1 clove of garlic, minced or 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
• 2 Tbs of Parmesan cheese
• 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
• 4 cups of lettuce, I use half iceberg and half romaine, chopped
• 1/2 of a red onion, chopped
• 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 jar (6 oz) of marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
• 1/2 of a 15.5 oz can of garbanzo beans, drained
• 3 oz of Italian salami, cut into slivers
• 12 black olives, cut in half
• 4 oz of Provel cheese
To make the dressing, add all ingredients except for the olive oil in a jar with a lid and shake, shake, shake, then add in the oil and shake again.For the salad, add the lettuce and all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl, pour over the dressing and toss well!
Note to cooks:
You can substitute, Mozzarella or Gorgonzola for the Provel and bacon for the salami and of course add your favorite veggies. Serve with crusty bread or croutons.