Marinated Shrimp and Artichoke Hearts
This shrimp recipe is extremely easy, everything is thrown into one bowl and marinated for 24 hours and the shrimp absorbs the wine and spices! I serve it around the holidays as an appetizer or anytime as a salad! It’s truly delicious, it will become a quick favorite! Very elegant! Just double the recipe for a crowd!
Serves 6 as a salad or 10 as an appetizer
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbs of dry white wine
- 1 Tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp of white sugar
- 1 tsp of dried cilantro
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1/4 tsp of whole black peppercorns
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 lb of large, cooked, shelled and deveined shrimp
- 1/2 can of sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin slices, then cut the slices in half
- 1 9 oz box of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and cut into bite sized pieces.
Add oil, vinegar, wine, parsley, sugar, cilantro, salt, paprika, peppercorns and garlic in a large jar with a lid, shake well.Place the shrimp, water chestnuts, onion and artichoke hearts in a large deep bowl. Pour in the marinade, stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours, stir occasionally. That’s it! To serve as a salad, place a bed of lettuce, I use bibb and spoon the shrimp on. For an appetizer, place the shrimp in a pretty serving bowl and put small plates and large toothpicks along side.