Pineapple and Ginger Glazed Swordfish
A magical glaze on perfectly grilled swordfish, catfish, halibut or salmon! Garlic, green pepper, pineapple, soy, brown sugar and fresh ginger! Superb!
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbs of finely chopped green pepper
- 1 8 oz can of crushed pineapple with juices
- 1 Tbs of soy sauce
- 1 Tbs of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of fresh ginger grated
- 2 portions of swordfish, may substitute, catfish, salmon or halibut
- oil for grilling
- sliced green onion for garnish
Combine all of the glaze ingredients. Simmer for about 10 minutes over medium heat, stir occasionally.
Prepare the grill for direct heat. Drizzle a little canola or vegetable oil on the fish.
Grill over direct heat 4 minutes per side, baste both sides with the glaze while grilling, reserving some for serving.
Remove the fish from the grill, plate it up and spoon on more glaze, garnish with sliced green onion.