Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Even those who claim not to like brussels sprouts will love these! The pancetta and the garlic make them extraordinary! Very easy to make, a perfect side for any holiday gathering!
- 2 Tbs of olive oil, divided use
- 2 lbs of brussels sprouts, trimmed, halved
- 6 oz of pancetta or bacon, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chopped shallots
- 1 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs of balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs of fresh thyme, chopped
Preheat oven to 450°
Brush a rimmed baking sheet with 1 Tbs of oil. Pour 1 Tbs of oil in a bowl and add brussels sprouts, pancetta, garlic and shallots. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Mix well and spread on the baking sheet in a single layer. Roast until sprouts are tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, drizzle the sprouts with vinegar, sprinkle with thyme and stir to coat, return to the oven and roast another 5 minutes to heat thru, transfer to serving bowl.