Roasted Cauliflower with Cheddar Beer Sauce
Absolutely, insanely delicious! This is a stunning side dish, it would be perfect alongside a baked ham or roast turkey! The cheddar, beer sauce is addicting!
• 1 whole cauliflower, all green cut off
• 10 – 12 cups of water for simmering the cauliflower
• 2 Tbs of kosher salt
• 1 Tbs of whole black peppercorns
• 3 bay leaves
• 1 Tbs of sugar
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, smashed
• 1 Tbs of olive oil for rubbing on the cauliflower
• 1 Tbs of smoked paprika
• 2 Tbs of butter
• 2 Tbs of flour
• 1/2 cup of milk, whole or 2%
• 3/4 cup of beer, amber or a pilsner is good, or whatever you have!
• 3 tsp of Worcestershire sauce
• 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
• 1 tsp of garlic powder
• 1 tsp of kosher salt
• 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
• 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350°
Fill a large stock pot with water on high heat, add the salt, peppercorns, bay leaves, sugar, olive oil and garlic cloves, bring to a boil.Carefully lower the cauliflower into the water, bring back to a gentle boil, then turn the heat to low, partially cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until tender, a skewer should easily penetrate the cauliflower . Remove the cauliflower with 2 large spoons or spatulas and place in a colander to drain, then place the cauliflower in a pie plate or baking dish, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with the paprika. Roast for 30 minutes at 350°, remove from the oven.Now, make the glorious cheese, beer sauce! In a large saucepan, over low heat, add the butter and cook until it melts, then add the flour and stir until well combined.Next, pour in the milk, stir well, then add the beer, Worcestershire sauce, nutmeg, garlic powder and the salt & pepper.
Stir until well combined, then add the cheese.Stir until very smooth and pour over the cauliflower! You’ll absolutely love this!