So healthy, delicious and beautiful! Pan seared salmon with a heavenly buttermilk, dill dressing! A favorite at the cabin! Quick and easy enough for week night dinners or special enough for guests!
- 1 – 1/4 lbs of fresh salmon, skin on
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- salt and pepper to sprinkle on salmon
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, chopped or torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 of a large red onion, chopped
- 3 – 4 hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 heaping Tbs of fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
Rub a little oil on both sides of the salmon and season with salt and pepper, heat 1 Tbs of olive oil over high heat in a heavy skillet, cast iron if you have one. Add in the salmon, skin side down and cook for 4 minutes, flip and cook for 4 more minutes. Remove from the skillet and let rest. Remove the skin (or keep it on if you prefer) and cut or flake the salmon into bite sized pieces.Make the dressing: Combine the buttermilk, sour cream, Dijon, dill, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
To assemble the salad, divide the lettuce evenly between 4 plates, arrange the celery, red onion, eggs, blue cheese and salmon on the lettuce and then drizzle on the dressing. Serve any remaining dressing on the side. I like to serve this with warm pita bread, or use your favorite bread or even homemade croutons. Enjoy!