Who doesn’t love creamy, rich and decadent Shrimp Fettuccine! I certainly do, but I had to lighten it up, try this recipe, I promise you won’t miss all of the butter and cream!
- 8 oz of fettuccine pasta
- 1 Tbs of butter
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 heaping tsp of flour
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1 1/2 cups of milk (I used 2%)
- 2 heaping Tbs of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 scant tsp of lemon zest
- 1 lb of shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 Tbs of chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a little more for serving
Cook the pasta according to package directions, reserving 1 cup of the water. In a large skillet, over medium/high heat, melt the butter and add in the garlic and shallot, saute for 3 -4 minutes, stirring often.Turn the heat down to medium and sprinkle in the flour and salt & pepper, cook and stir for 1 minute. Add in the milk and cream cheese, stir until well combined and thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Add in the lemon zest, shrimp and parsley, stir well to combine and let cook for about 3 minutes, just until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta to the shrimp, add some of the reserved pasta water to loosen up the sauce if needed and stir in the Parmesan cheese.Place the pasta in a serving bowl and sprinkle on a little more Parmesan cheese! Enjoy!