Spinach Salad with Apples, Avocado, Bacon, Cheddar and Toasted Pecans!
This salad is a fall favorite at the cabin! It’s a glorious combination of flavors, apple, cheddar, onion, pecans, avocado and bacon, drizzled with a maple vinaigrette! Quick and easy to put together, serve with some warm crusty bread and it’s dinner!
• 1/4 cup of balsamic vinegar
• 1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
• 1/4 cup of olive oil
• dash of salt and pepper
• 1 – 6 oz package of baby spinach leaves
• 1 large granny smith apple, unpeeled, halved, cored and chopped
• 4 oz of extra sharp cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
• ½ of a red onion, thinly sliced
• ½ cup of toasted pecans or walnuts
• 1 avocado, chopped
• 4 pieces of bacon
Start by making the dressing: Combine vinegar, maple syrup, and oil in bowl, whisk to blend, season to taste with salt n pepper.Cook the bacon until crispy. Crumble and set aside.Toast the walnuts or pecans in a dry pan over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 -6 minutes.Combine spinach, apples, cheese, walnuts, red onion, avocado and bacon in large bowl.Toss with dressing to coat, season salad with salt and pepper. Enjoy!