This steak is impressive in the extreme! It’s salted overnight, it’s flambeed, it’s sauced, it’s topped with Boursin cheese and it’s phenomenal! The age old method of overnight salting produces the most tender, juicy, flavorful steak that you’ve ever had! If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, now is the time to get one.
- 2 beef steaks of your choice, I used strip steaks, filets or ribeyes would be good as well
- 2 tsp of kosher salt
- 2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp of granulated garlic
- 2 Tbs of canola oil for searing steaks
- 1 Tbs of butter
- 1 Tbs of minced shallot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 oz of Brandy
- 2 heaping Tbs of Boursin cheese (soft, French cheese, in a tub, available in most grocery stores)
Season the steaks on both sides with the salt, pepper and granulated garlic, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.Remove from the fridge and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour, pat dry. In a large cast iron skillet, heat the oil until screaming hot, sear the steak for 3 minutes on each side. Add in the butter, shallot and garlic and stir to combine. Turn the heat off. Heat the brandy in the microwave for about 30 seconds.Pour the brandy into the skillet and ignite it with a match.It will flame up beautifully and then just die out, shake the skillet around while its flaming. Then, just top each steak with a big dollop of Boursin cheese and serve! Be ready, its insanely delicious!