Tortellini Salad with Chicken and Avocados
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp of kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of sugar
- 1 chicken breast, grilled or baked, cut into bite sized pieces.
- 1/2 lb of cheese tortellini pasta
- 3 – 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup of thinly sliced red onion
- 4 oz of fresh mozzarella, cut into small pieces
- 1 avocado, diced
- 4 large basil leaves, cut into thin strips (chiffonade)
- juice of 1 lemon
Mix all dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid and shake, shake until well combined.Cook the tortellini according to package directions and drain. Place in a large bowl, drizzle on a little olive oil and gently stir to coat.
Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces and add it to the bowl with the pasta.Add in the tomatoes, onion and mozzarella, pour in half of the dressing and toss gently. Just before serving, add the remaining dressing, the avocados and the basil, then squeeze the lemon juice in. Toss well and serve!